Monday, April 7, 2008

not quite quiet


Spring break is over and it is quiet in the house again. For a whole week, life was all fun and games. We had a lot of outside fun, I got rid of my farmer's tan and now have the worst tan line ever - sunglasses tan. I never thought I'd end up with reverse-raccoon eyes but I guess there is a first time for everything.

And since I am in the topic of raccoons, we were awakened (again) last night by their squealing. They mate quite viciously. It is almost the end of their mating season and almost the end of our season of sleeping with windows wide open so I say that was a pretty good finale.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, God, racoons. Do you have dogs? They LOVE dog food...

The World According To Me said...

I’ve enjoyed the spring break pictures of the fun and games.

Not sure about those racoon noises though?! I hope your racoon marks die down too!

Blur Ting said...

I love the photo!

Rebecca said...

Wow. Can't say I have EVER given a single thought to raccoon mating habits. Good to know :)

Something a little unsettling about a quiet house that first day, no?