Monday, November 24, 2008

a recipe


My appetite is back and I've been feeling hungry all the time. Instead of eating wildly and gaining back all the weight I've lost, I'll just post a recipe to hopefully get my food fix. ;)
Here's a family favorite. The veggie dish is my super-mega-ultra vegan sister's recipe.

Sauteed Mushrooms
Saute chopped garlic in olive oil.
Add sliced mushrooms.
A little bit of black pepper.
Done!

Veggies with some Indian spices
Toast about a tablespoon of cumin seeds in olive oil.
When seeds are looking somewhat burnt, add some turmeric, garam masala and whatever Indian spices you may have sitting on your shelf. Mix. Mix.
When it starts to look pasty, add chopped, unpeeled red potatoes.
When potatoes are tender, add chopped cauliflower, some peas and whatever veggies you have in your kitchen.
Simmer until the aroma makes you so hungry you cannot take it anymore.

7 comments:

JamesL said...

15 minutes to breaktime...I should have waited to read this...hungry!

Hope y'all are well, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Blur Ting said...

My kids love to saute mushroom like that. Tastes wonderful!

That potato/cauliflower dish looks yummy too! I saw a somewhat similar recipe involving chickpea and potato. I think you can try it sometime.

The World According To Me said...

I love the last part of the recipe - Simmer until the aroma makes you so hungry you cannot take it anymore!

Happy eating. It looks and sound delicious.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! I am still dying for your soup recipe!! (see stuffy noses post) :)

Unknown said...

sounds yummy, blur. will definitely add chickpeas next time, adds protein to the dish too.

Unknown said...

hi heather!!! hope you get this. i lost your email and phone number.
the soup was just your basic chicken noodle with some matzo balls. :) miss u!

WaterLearner said...

Looks really yummy!!!