Wednesday, December 19, 2007

an after-school treat


a mid-week, right-after-school unplanned visit to the beach
no suits, no towels, just my camera and a hot cuppa

here's Maku occupying himself (again) with an upside down pot

it was such a treat, especially for me ^_^
with the wind and the waves muffling the sometimes fun and sometimes frustrating noises three children can make

but the real treat was catching a glimpse of hungry seabirds diving for dinner

and watching creepy crawlies scurry back into the gulf.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! we dont have that kind of climate here...you'd be crazy to go to the ocean here and now....!

Kate said...

Wow. As I write, there is a howling snowstorm. What an amazing wrold we live in.

Blur Ting said...

You're such a fun mommy! I used to bring the kids to the beach too. Now I'd have to drag them there... if i can still drag them, that is.

Blur Ting said...

i know you're so busy...but i tagged you in a meme. do it at your own time please.

JamesL said...

I remember unplanned days at the beach! Yipee!

I hope your move goes well. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and may you have many more fun, adventurous and unplanned happy days!

Did you guys have any luck with the Tug Boat Treasure Map?

The World According To Me said...

I love your pictures.

It's freezing here! No beach visits for me.

Unknown said...

hi james. we had to cancel our trip to see the tugboat, it was too chilly that day. we'll try again after the move.