Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Procrastinating Apprentice


I've always been a procrastinator when putting together Halloween costumes, every year I plan our costumes for weeks only to come up with something new at the last minute. This year, to cut down on the costume rush, I set this weekend to be my costume-making deadline. Unfortunately, I forgot one important detail: we are attending a Halloween event tomorrow. Ahhh!!! Maku's costume is not quite ready. I still need to dye fabric, make a belt and sew his mask; so either I won't have time to make my costume, or I'll have twenty minutes or less to put together a really lame one.

This was Maku's first Halloween costume. He was supposed to dress up as a cute little pumpkin until I came up with Donald Trump.
The idea came to me the night before Halloween so I slaved through the night on this baby-friendly hair piece. I sewed pieces of Jin's old Rapunzel wig from four Halloweens ago onto a skull cap I made from Snow's ballet tights.
If The Donald could see this he would certainly approve of my version of his comb-over. And with a nod and a wink he'd say, "Seagrape, you're hired!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cuuuuute! if only the REAL Donald Trump was as cute...LOL

Blur Ting said...

That's little Maku? Oh, so cute!!! You're such a whiz at sewing things. I can't even hem YK's pants! Now with deteriorating eyesight, I can't even sew a button properly!

Unknown said...

I am actually a very 'dirty sewer'. I cannot even sew a straight seam. I hemmed my own pants once and they came out all wonky!

Anonymous said...

OMG. That is the cutest thing, EVER.

Kate said...

Your kids are such dolls! Where'd you get the tiny suit?

Unknown said...

Hi, Kate. I think I got the suit at the Gap or Children's Place.