Saturday, February 2, 2008

inside the laundry room


So there I was, happily sewing in the laundry room, with a 4 year old pirate underneath my table, when two girls joined in. They asked me for a pair of scissors, some old shirts, sewing needles, and thread. Then, with an exotic accent, I heard one say, "Designers, today's challenge is to make a prom dress from these old shirts." I didn't pay much attention to what they were doing, there was giggling and sewing, and a mess of toys on top of the washer.
The mess was still there the following day and, concerned about misplaced needles, I took a closer look...


it was no mess...it was Project Runway! That's Nina Garcia, Michael Kors and Heidi Klum (sitting on the pin cushion) to the left. And what a great dress! I love that Jin made the stripes diagonal. And that turtle neck top!
So I told them I was impressed and they told me this:
"See, when we leave a mess, it's not a mess, it's complicated playing."
"Did you take a picture? Are you going to put it on your blog?"
"It's our playing, can we have a blog?"
So, from this conversation comes: Jinjerpop - my niece Jin's first blog.
Congratulations, Jin! I am so proud ^.^

4 comments:

JamesL said...

I laughed out loud in amazement and smiled for half an hour after reading this post...you guys (or gals in this case) are very creative with everything you do! :-)

Blur Ting said...

You've got a bunch of lovely kids with such creative mind! I love your blog and Jin's too

The World According To Me said...

Brilliant photos and idea. Sounds like fun!

I've had a nose at Jin's blog too and it's looking good!

My Bucket of parts said...

That is SOOO great. I loved the accent and the pictures.

Your pictures are always so great.