Friday, February 29, 2008

here's to 99 more


A lovely morning to you all. Celebrating my 99th post with a cuppa.
Kissing Maku's pillow-creased cheek and smelling the faint sweet smell of dried up drool across his little face. Ew. Maybe sweet to me but sour to everyone else.
I haven't been posting much since the move. I somehow lost my routine and am still figuring things out in the new place. I want to paint the kitchen walls pink. Doesn't everything look yummier in pink?

I moved the children's books from their bedroom to the living room, which Snow now calls the room of knowledge. We have books of the week on display for discussion. One of last week's pick was Hansel and Gretel, we are still taking votes on who is more clever.
We spent the afternoon at the beach yesterday. It turned out to be the most interesting and memorable visit yet. I'll tell you about it later, my cuppa is getting cold.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! and how do you find the time to keep your house so NEAT with kids in it? geesh... our house is small and looks like a dump truck just dumped in it...

Blur Ting said...

That's such a beautiful 'mood' shot of your cuppa. You really have that creative eye. it shows in the way you arrange your furniture and have book discussions etc. I'd love to be your child.

Unknown said...

thanks, jyankee.
it's not always neat around here...i'm looking at the entry way right now...i see a pair of skates, schoolbags and an A/C filter. and on the top of the little brown table...there's mail, a huge flashlight and a bug catcher.

Unknown said...

thank you blur!
but you know...that would make FB your dad. (^o^)

The World According To Me said...

Hi

You really do know how to capture a mood and a scene. Love the mug picture.

Pink walls sound like a jolly good idea to me! A happy and fresh colour.

I look forward to seeing more pics of your house.

Happy 99th post to you. Here's to many more!

~ L said...

This is such a beautiful blog!

~ L

Rebecca said...

Well, you've now passed the century mark :P I like the idea of the room of knowledge. My son has a HUGE book case full of things he's not yet read. We have one too, in our room. I love having my own stash of favorites, and yet to be discovered favorites. I cannot borrow a book, as that means I must return it. Alas, i cannot.