Wednesday, March 9, 2011

hockey happiness is...


...getting to your seat and realizing only a piece of glass separates you from the rink

...cheering, screaming, and doing the wave (it was Capitals vs. Lightning - for those who want to know :P)

...being welcomed in somebody's lap when pucks and players slamming onto the opposite side of the glass where you are sitting terrify you

SLAM!

...zambonis

...shootouts

...and being 10 years old and having a puck land in your lap at your first ever hockey game.

well, actually, it landed on my shin (ow!) then bounced off. i managed to grab it but lost my grip. it then slid across the floor, we struggled with someone who jumped from three rows behind us. after a few seconds of pinching and nudging - wine spilled and camera banged - the puck was ours!


and after the game...

it's this

this

and this :)

7 comments:

marc dwiel said...

great pics Shello !

JamesL said...

beautiful!!
I still have my first puck around here somewhere...time for spring cleaning to find it...oh, yeah...I better go roll my clocks forward as well.

Kate said...

What great seats! it looks so fun!

The URL for my new blog is
www.thereoncewasawoman.blogspot.com
Still getting it tidied up, but it should be there in a day or two.

Blur Ting said...

Hi Shello! I'm dropping by after such a long break, to say hello. How the kids have grown! Glad you are well and happy :-)

Unknown said...

hi kate. i'll stop by there for sure.
hi there blur. did you take a break from blogging as well? i'll stop by soon and see what's up on your side of the world.
anyone knows if jyankee is okay in japan? there is no way for me to contact her.

Unknown said...

i think i found jyankee. :) she is blogging again. jeez, i've been so out of touch.

JY69 said...

Hi shello
Tks for worrying about me and dropping in! Looks like you're doing well. That makes me happy.